TMJ Treatment in Tacoma, WA
Ever wonder how your jaw moves? Incredibly, we can open and close our jaws and even move them sideways. All of this is possible, thanks to our TMJs or temporomandibular joints. Sadly, TMJ disorders or diseases, called TMD, occur. At Tacoma Family Dentistry & TMJ/Sleep Apnea Centre in Tacoma, WA, we treat TMJ regularly.
TMJ issues can significantly disrupt a person’s life. The pain and discomfort and make even the simplest tasks like eating or speaking painful. When it comes to TMD treatment in Tacoma, WA, we have several options.
Are you suffering from the following symptoms?
- Chronic headaches or migraines
- Ringing in the ears
- Tingling fingers
- Popping in the jaw when chewing
- Worn teeth
- Face, neck, or upper back pain
All of these symptoms are signs you could be experiencing an unbalanced jaw joint, also known as the temporomandibular joint (TMJ). This means your TMJ and bite are not in harmony with each other. Fortunately, there are non-invasive solutions to help relieve your pain.
How can you get out of pain?
There are multiple solutions you can pursue to help relieve your pain. With our Tacoma dentists, we can use:
- Nightguards: When you sleep, you may be grinding your teeth, which is a standard indicator of TMJ disorder. Custom-fitted nightguards can protect your teeth from the nightly grind and relieve your pain.
- Injection Therapy: Injections can be used as an alternative treatment for TMJ. The injection is done directly in the facial muscles and works to relieve TMJ and jaw tension by relaxing the muscle. This non-invasive treatment can be done in 10 to 20 minutes.